Thursday 27 October 2011

Saturday 1 October 2011

Yesterday was another amazing experience. Hundreds gathered in the open air outside of the cathedral. Entertained by various groups of singers and dancers from wide and far around the diocese. The colours of the outfits, the vibrancy of the music and the dance, WOW, we just had to join in which really amused the people. Linda and I also taught them dance movements based on our aerobic days which they thought were fantastic! Can you imagine teaching Africans to dance! They are just the best when it comes to rhythm and movement. The preaching is of a standard I have never heard anywhere in the U.K. The passion, never drawing a breath, no notes and it will last for a minimum of 1 hour. The people also join in with what is being said, there is much laughter and shouting out Praise the Lord and hallelujahs. The children sit all day in the dust, without a murmur, sometimes getting up to stretch their legs. We are being royally fed and I am sure I shall return with many extra pounds on my hips - I think they think we are too thin!! Must go now. Wish you could be here to experience it. With love, Yolande

No comments:

Post a Comment